Friday, November 02, 2007

It's November

Hi!
I'm still around. Thanks for sticking with me. It was unplanned, but I took the last couple of months off from blogging. I just didn't feel inspired enough to write anything. But I'm back and hopefully can keep up on this blog.

We've been doing a lot of things around the home. I have been feeling the need to eliminate a lot of "stuff" from our lives. I don't know how we accumulate all of this junk. I swear that it multiplies at night LOL!! In the last month or so, I must have donated at least a dozen boxes, a few bags and a futon. It feels good to have less stuff and there is still more to do. I have yet to tackle the storage under the stairs. We have changed around the living room for the first time in 6 years. The change has been really nice. I can see more changes coming....

We have been also working on reducing our footprint on this earth. We have been trying to eat more local food and buy more local products. With winter coming here in Calgary, it is going to get more difficult to eat local food. But we will keep going to the market to see what is available and try to plan better for next winter so we have so more preserve produce. We are trying to buy less packaging and less plastic. We already use our own bags when shopping, even though we still get funny looks sometimes. We compost and recycle as well. It really frustrates me though that Calgary is soooo behind in recycling! We don't have curbside recycling and there is no where to recycle plastics besides plastic milk jugs. I don't see how any major city can be so backwards.

Anyways, I have been working on xmas presents and hopefully will be done these by the end of the month. So I have been busy knitting. I have also become hooked on Ravelry. What a great site!!

Well, that is it for now. Off to knit.... I'll leave you with a picture of DD#2 up high.

1 comments:

Anonymous 1:46 p.m.  

I could have written parts of this post: like how we are trying to reduce our footprint, how Calgary's recycling drives me crazy, how I am trying to clean out the clutter from my life. Nice to see I'm not the only person in Calgary doing this.

*melanie from www.meli-mello.com

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP