Friday, August 17, 2007

Don't Cry over Broken Casein



Ok, I'm trying not to :( I love my casein knitting needles! They are so smooth and warm up in your hands while you are knitting. The yarn moves so nicely on these needles. But they are getting harder to find. I heard that they may stop making them! I broke my 3.25mm one yesterday, they come in sets of 5, but this is the second one that I have broken. Now I don't have enough to knit with. :( Next time I am at my lys, I will see if she has more, but I know her stock was getting slim. I think I will try to find some online. I had to get some new 3.25mm needles so that I can knit my Coffee Condoms. I found these at The Store Upstairs in Airdrie. They are so cute and look like drinking straws.



They are nice, but the yarn doesn't move as smoothly as on my casein needles.

I did cheer up a bit after my visit to VV Boutique! They have been moving things around and sections are a bit mixed up right now. I happened to go down the sheets and blankets aisle and found some more craft supplies. I opened up the black binder on the shelf and found this!!



A binder full of wrapped DMC floss!! I was so excited, I quickly put the binder in my basket. As I moved down the shelf a bit I saw some more black under some towels. I move them out of my way to find another binder!! Full as well!! I was just so excited. There are 360 different colours all wrapped on these very cute teddy bears! And there was only one "naked" (as DD#2 put it) bear in the lot!! This makes me itch to get back to my stitching!!!

Thrifting is so much fun!!!

4 comments:

PAC 11:47 p.m.  

awwww...those teddy bears are so cute! What a great find!

Caffeinated Crafts 9:24 a.m.  

Thanks! They are adorable!!

Brandi Hussey 10:02 a.m.  

thrifting absolutely rules! yay for you on your excellent finds!

and thank you so much for you kind words on my blog. i think that showcases are what you make of it, and if you expect to sell everything in your shop on your showcase day, you're bound to be disappointed.

maybe i'm just setting the bar low!! hahha :)

yours truly 10:25 a.m.  

I stopped by to see your cute things ... which I do often, but also to tell you ... you've been tagged! You'll have to visit my site to see what to do next!

Happy Monday!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP