Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All Decked Out

The deck is done!!

The last board was screwed on this Saturday and then on Sunday, under the threat of rain, we stained the deck! It is so wonderful to see it finally done! DH has worked so hard on the deck, doing it all himself (I helped where I could). He had to fit it in between work, overtime, the weather and time with the kids (which is very important to him). But it is finally done! I am so happy! The backyard seems so much bigger now. Yesterday we washed down the table and chairs and BBQ and put them up on the new deck. Today DH is going to build some stairs from the sliding door to the deck. We have 2 back doors (odd eh?) and we haven't used the sliding one because it hasn't ever had stairs. So this is really exciting for us LOL! Anyway here is a picture of the beautiful deck!




And this is the patio DH built a few years ago.



The backyard has so much useful space now!


Thank you to everyone for the recent comments!! It is great to know that I am not just talking to myself LOL!!!! I have been tagged by LoraKelly Designs. I will get to that asap. It is funny because you mention not liking to be "IT" as a kid and that was me as well!! I will do my best at tagging others though! Thanks for the tag!!

Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

yours truly 6:07 p.m.  

It was so fun to read your deck story ... I have a whole series on my deck that started in May! It was exciting and ... well, let's just say it had its "tenser" moments. My husband built it. Need I say more? I'm not sure what was worse, building the deck or putting the barbeque together!

Yours is lovely by the way! We're really enjoying ours.

Have fun being IT!

Brandi Hussey 6:10 a.m.  

that's a gorgeous deck!

Some kind of Mom 3:15 p.m.  

Hi there, that's a very nice deck you have! I wanted to send you a msg, but couldn't find an email address. My friend and I just opened a new shop selling exclusively Canadian brands of clothing and accessories for kids aged 0-5. I noticed you have an ETSY shop, as well as quite an extensive list of other Canadian ETSY vendors. We are always looking for new products to carry in our shop, and want to support other Canadian mompreneurs. I hope you'll visit us, and if you happen to know anyone else that might have interesting products we could carry, please pass along this info!

THanks!

vicky
vicky@apples-n-oranges.com
www.apples-n-oranges.com

Caffeinated Crafts 9:09 a.m.  

Thanks for the comments on the deck! Hubby is really quite proud of it and I am quite proud of him!!
I can hardly wait to enjoy it more!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP