Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dirt Under My Fingernails

I love spring!

Now that the snow is gone, this is my favourite time of year! I love the promise of the future that spring brings to us.

I was outside turning over the dirt in my vegetable garden this weekend! The soil seems really good this year. We will add a bit of our compost to it, but all in all it doesn't need much. I found a family of ladybugs in one of the boxes!! That makes me so excited. Hopefully that will mean less aphids this year!

The tulips out front are getting bigger! My checkered lilies are now showing their colours!



And my rhubarb is going nuts!!! I need to plant more this year.



It is so nice to be out in the garden!

My light box is working out well, though I have found out that Karma really likes it. He does like his boxes. All was fine until he decided to chase his tail!




Oh well, the pictures of my Coffee Condoms still turned out well. I may add another light source next time I do some shots. For now though I have put two more Coffee Condoms up in my shop!






Now I just have to find a place to store my lightbox so the cat doesn't destroy it again LOL!!!!

This week, since I have got ahead on my Coffee Condoms, I am going to focus on making some other things for my shop. I have been avoiding this for too long and have come up with too many excuses for not being creative. But this week I am committing myself to new ideas! Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Sandra Eileen 11:13 p.m.  

Such pretty checkered lilies and I too have much dirt under my fingernails after todays efforts outside.

Be well,

love the coffe cup condoms.

Caffeinated Crafts 10:55 a.m.  

Thanks for posting on my blog!!
Don't you love getting out in your garden!!! I am heading out there again today to plant a clematis and a bleeding heart!

Take care!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP