Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What a Week!!

Hi!!
It has been a whirlwind of a week around here. It started going crazy a few days after DD#2 got back from climbing in Banff. She got sick with what I think was food poisoning and was in need of a lot of attention and cuddles. With that she then had some friend issues, which of course have resolved themselves like they do at that age, but these issues also required attention and more cuddles. With that resolved, and the weather nice, we started doing a lot of spring cleaning. The kids got their bikes out and all serviced up after the winter and I got jealous LOL!!! I bought a new bike 8 or 9 years ago with the hopes of getting more active, but always put it off. I finally realized that the bike was too big for my 5'2" frame. I was never comfortable riding it and figured it was because I forgot how LOL!! So I decided that it was time for me to get a bike that fits me!! I spent the rest of last week on a wonderful message board researching the different bikes out there and what would be good for my size.
On Saturday, I finally went and purchased this!



Isn't she beautiful!!!! She is a Trek 3700 WSD. The "WSD" means Womens Specific Design. These bikes are made for the different ways women are designed. Things like seats that sit a bit straighter and handle bars that are not as much of a reach. You can read more about WSD here

On Sunday, after easter eggs, DD#2 went and bought herself a new bike too!! Her hand-me-down bike was just getting to small for her. She chose a Raleigh Tora Mountain Bike from Canadian Tire. She loves it!! It was on sale for half price so she got a great deal. We then came back to the house and got my and dh's bikes and went to a quiet parking lot so that I could see if I actually did remember how to ride a bike LOL!!! I guess the saying is right - you never forget! It was great to ride a bike that actually fits me!!

As you can see by the picture of my bike, it was taken inside. We woke up Monday to snow! Ugh! Most of it was gone by the end of the day though, thank goodness!! Tuesday was all about grocery shopping another ugh! LOL!! And today, Wednesday, it is supposed to snow again this evening. So, we have to clean out the shed today so that we can get the new bikes out of the house and into the shed. It would be really nice for our friends coming into town if they don't have to trip over our bikes to get to the bathroom LOL!!!

Well, off to tidy!!
Have a beautiful day!!!



2 comments:

raining sheep 9:33 p.m.  

hi, I am a fellow make one yarnie...suggestion on the bike thing...COP gives great riding lessons in the Spring and summer...they teach you how to really work your bike and the lessons can be private or a women's only group. I took some a year ago and loved them.

Anitra Cameron 10:50 p.m.  

Sweet ride. My DH and I got bikes last year, to get in shape, too, but this is, so far, the year without a Spring. I am So ready to get out there.

PS My first visit to your blog. Figured with a name like Caffeinated Crafts, I Had to come see you! (Don't know if it will show, but my blogspot is Coffee-Pot_People.)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP