Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh no another craft...

Yesterday we were at "The Store Upstairs" in Airdrie, I went just to get some more fluffy trim yarn. Well, they had a few things on sale that I just couldn't pass up.



I got the 2007 Knitting and Crochet Pattern-a-Day calendars for just $9.99 each!! Wow there are a lot of patterns in these calendars! I was really good and passed the Beading and Cross-stitch versions. The store also had their Klutz Press books on for half-price!! I have a weakness for Klutz Press! I picked up the Simple Embroidery book!!



Now I am hooked! I have been thinking of trying some embroidery and had picked up Classic Inspirations magazine the other day. Wow what an amazing magazine! This book by Klutz really did a great job explaining the basic stitches. DD#2 and I each picked out a design from the book and ironed them on to hankies and away we went. I picked this cute cupcake.


What do you think? I knew most of the stitches, but this is the first time I have done a chain stitch. Loads of fun!!! I am going to do a bit more practicing and then it is on to big and better things!!

2 comments:

Ilix 4:14 p.m.  

LOL you sound like you have found a new distraction.... have you seen "sublime stitching"? Check them out online I think that you would like their patterns they go with the cupcake! Beware, you may have to freeze the plastic to keep from buying! I do! LOL

Caffeinated Crafts 5:45 p.m.  

Oh I have!! I got a bunch of books from the library today!!!
I love sublime stitching! My daughter and I have seen quite a few patterns that we want. I can't freeze the plastic! Paypal already knows the number LOL!! Oh no!!!
Thanks for the comment!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP