Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Autumn Arrives

Well, autumn has really hit here. Some days it feels like winter, but it is only a tease of the cold weather yet to come.

We spent Thanksgiving with our friends up in Cold Lake. There was good friends, good food and a lot of great fun! Dinner was a neighbourhood potluck! There was so much food and it was all so delicious! Thanks everyone for including us in the fun! The driving time to and from Cold Lake was great for knitting and I got a bunch of coffee condoms knit up. Go check the shop to see what is new. Nena took me to her local quilting shop. What beautiful colours there are when you come in the door! I saw so many wonderful quilts, but again had to put my hands in my pockets and not start a new craft -yet.

I have one new thing listed on Etsy. It is called "instructions not included" and it is what I call and ispiration kit. An inspiration kit is a starting point for those times when you need new ideas. It consists of all types of mixed media to help trigger the creative process. Pick just one piece or a mixture of items to help spark a new idea. You could even use the box! It’s up to you! Instructions are not included! There is a ton of stuff in there like bottle caps, glass slides, cut out words, tags, fabric and soooo much more! They weigh about 300g including the box. My friend Rhonda is having a draw on her site Outsider Art in a Box for her new project of subscriptions to Outsider Art in a Box. You can win on of my boxes in her draw along with some other wonderful things! Go check it out!!!

I have taken this past week off from knitting as my wrist was upset with all the work it has had to do, but it has stopped complaining so I am back to knitting. Now that it is getting cold, I have to finish up the Darth scarf for DH to wear to work. What a great pattern!
Well, off to knit!

3 comments:

altermyworld 8:41 a.m.  

HI I won this wonderful gift from you, and it came today. OMG i am so happy and moved and it made my day and there is lots of inspiration and i was just saying to myself i needed a tin to alter and karma from the universe surrounded me. thank you thank you.
ANg

Caffeinated Crafts 7:54 a.m.  

I am so glad that you like it!!
Thank you for the beautiful words.
Please share a picture when you make something!

Kathy

altermyworld 8:04 a.m.  

I will I promise.
Ang

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP